Anything that is a “quick fix” solution should always be a red flag!
A father who was desperate for the perfect ‘beach body’ overdosed on diet pills and was given hours to live.
Lewis Brown, 25, from Haverhill, Suffolk, took a large amount of the controversial DNP pills to help him lose excess, for him to add more muscle, after becoming obsessed with working out.
- He even took steroids to go from a healthy 10 stone to a 15-and-a-half stone frame.
But when he turned to the ‘fat burners’ the poisonous chemicals increased his body temperature to 42 degrees and was ‘cooking’ from the inside.
Are diet pills bad for you? Well here are some facts…
Diet pills are unregulated, so there’s no way to know which ones work and how safe they are.
“The U.S. Fodd and Drug Administration doesn’t consider diet pills as drugs, so unless there’s a large number of complaints about a specific brand or type of pills, it won’t intervene or issue a warning.”
- Taking diet pills is not the magic solution it is supposed to be.
In fact, unless you change the way you eat and exercise, even the few pounds you might lose with diet pills are bound to come back.
Addiction To Diet Pills
According to the Federal Trade Commission, many diet pills’ advertised benefits don’t really exist. What a shame when it comes to misleading the public!
This is especially true of pills that make outrageous promises such as “lose 20 lbs in a week” or “lose weight eating all you want.”
For many people, this can become an ongoing problem.
- Instead of concentrating on learning to eat well and changing your eating habits, you might become addicted to the promise of greater but easy weight loss.
Who is really interested in putting in hard work these days? Not many people and that is why a huge amount of the population are overweight.
- According to eating disorders website Something Fishy, some pills might have addictive qualities.
You end up feeling good when you take them and sick or down when you stop, perpetuating a cycle.
Common Side Effects
According to Something Fishy, diet pills can cause a variety of side effects.
“Most of them are minor and, while troublesome, they are not dangerous. Common side effects include insomnia, restlessness, headaches, diarrhea or dry mouth.”
According to Fraud Guides, pills that promise to block carbs or fat can cause diarrhea, cramps and other intestinal problems, even if taken as directed.
Serious Side Effects Of Diet Pills
While most side effects of pills disappear when you stop taking your pills, this is not always the case.
- Heart arrhythmias and palpitations, tightness in the chest, dizziness and confusion can happen with long-term usage of diet pills.
According to Something Fishy, congestive heart failure or strokes are also possible, as are convulsions and renal failure.
Phen/Fen, a diet pill that is now banned in the U.S., caused primary pulmonary hypertension in some users, which can lead to respiratory failure and death.
- Just hit the weights and don’t eat like a fat pig. That is just Muscleroast.com advice, do whatever the hell you want!
Just keep in mind that there is no quick fix.
Anything that you get overnight will come with a price. Losing weight fast can not possibly be healthy.