Win An Arm Wrestling Tournament, By Having ONE HUGE ARM!
Have you ever heard of people that have one huge arm? Probably not, because there is not many of them running around!
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you were entering an arm wrestling tournament with this advantage?
- Well Matthias Schlitte did exactly that! His right arm is far bigger than his left arm, and also much stronger!
This is definitely something rare that you don’t see every day.
This guy turns a genetic disorder into a positive, and dominates the world of arm wrestling!
Who Is Matthias Schlitte?
Matthias was 16 years old and born in Germany.
He always had the deformity of one big arm, and of course his mother wanted him to attend a arm wrestling tournament.
“I personally think that is pretty creepy, but what the hell. Maybe I would try to cash in on my son’s one big arm as well who knows.”
- When Matthias got to the tournament, he was getting a lot of looks from a lot of people.
Having one big arm, and weighing in at 140 pounds definitely made him stand out like a sore thumb.
Once the arm wrestling began, there was no more laughter.
Matthias has now been in the sport for over 10 years, and has won the German “Over The Top” several times. WOULD YOU CALL IT CHEATING?
Now that we know Matthias is going to continue rocking the arm wrestling circuit, let’s discuss what really goes on in arm wrestling.
What Is The Main Muscle Used In Arm Wrestling?
The main muscle you are going to be using once you start arm wrestling, is your fore arm and your chest.
- You can easily see this if you make the motion, and see which muscles flex.
As an example, Matthias Schlitte has one big arm and mainly one big forearm!
“We all know that the forearm is the muscle that is the most engaged, but you also should consider all other muscle groups like the bicep and chest as well.”
Since you are basically trying to pull the other persons arm towards you, that causes a bicep and chest contraction.
- Keep in mind that other muscle groups such as the Deltoid, Latissimus dorsii and Triceps brachii are also used.
What Is The Best Exercise For Arm Wrestling?
Since your main goal is to increase forearm strength, chest and bicep strength, here are some great tips.
- Reverse grip chin ups are the BEST! If you can find a bar that is at least 2 inches in diameter that would make a huge difference!
This is because thick bars are harder to hold on to, and that is exactly what works your forearm even more.
- Bicep curls with heavy weight is also a great and mandatory movement for arm wrestling.
(No That Is NOT IT)
You have seen it before and you know what to do. Put on some heavy weight and curl that bar!
- Wrist curls, is taking that same bar you are using for curls, and just curling your wrists with that weight in order to flex the forearm.
Best Workout Routine For Arm Wrestling
Now putting this into practice, your workout routine can look something like this.
- Monday / Wednesday / Friday – 15 sets of reverse grip chin ups
- Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday – Bicep curls, wrist curls, and bench press
Please keep in mind that if you want to be an arm wrestling champion or a professional arm wrestling competitor, you have to eat!
The chances are that you do not have one big arm, and in order to get one, you have to eat a lot of calories.
- There is no amount of exercises that you can do that will give you superior strength if your diet is not good.
You should basically be eating like a bodybuilder!
How To Get Into Arm Wrestling?
If you want a step by step guide on how to get into arm wrestling, here it is. Taking these steps will send you on your way.
As we discussed, you need to train in order to get stronger and actually have a chance of winning an arm wrestling competition.
- You also need to train to learn the tactics in order to prevent injury.
There are a lot of instructional videos on Youtube that you can search in order to find good tutorials.
You can find a lot of top arm wrestling competitors on social media that you can reach out to.
- But the easiest way you can join, is to join via World Armwrestling League.
All you need to do, is reach out to them or sign up on their website for details on entering a competition.
Can You Make Money In Arm Wrestling
Like in most sports, it the top guys that make money. Not to say that you can’t be a top guy, but the chances are pretty low.
- If you have ever heard of Mike Ayello, he is the top arm wrestler on the circuit today.
He is a 37 year old fire fighter and is personally one of the guys that is competing for this years $500,000 grand prize.
- But to be honest, the prize money will be different in every tournament, and also based on the placement of the competitor.
Some prize money can be as low as $500, and some may be $20,000.
Once you enter a tournament, you will see what the 1st place prize money is.
You should also know that none of these competitors live off of the prize money.
- These are side hobbies that are just supplemental income for the top guys!
Who Are The Top Arm Wrestling Champions?
If you want to know who the top arm wrestling champions are, so you can follow them, reach out to them, or learn from them, here they are!
- Levan Saginashvili – Georgia
- Denis Cyplenkov – Russia
- Vitaly Laletin – Russia
- Travis Bagent – USA
- Devon Larratt – Canada
These guys are currently the top guys on the arm wrestling circuit, but there are many more.
- You can easily find the other guys, but I did not think they are worth mentioning.
(This is the top guy in the world Levan Saginashvili, I would not recommend arm wrestling him!)
I am not 100% certain this guy is on major steroids!
Is There Steroids In Arm Wrestling?
As the same in any sport where there is money involved, there is steroids!
- The answer to if there is steroid use in professional arm wrestling, is YES.
Look at the picture above and tell me that guy is not on major drugs.
The strength that the top guys posses in this sport is out of this world. And that strength of course is gained buy using performance enhancing drugs.
- If you plan on entering this sport, please know that there is no chance you will ever win a competition without using steroids.