The Best Chest Workout Routine Might Be Surprising To You!
What you have been reading about the best chest workout routines is wrong.
- Why do I say that? Because I know for a fact, that all information out there is based on old information, and also from people that are on steroids.
There is only one chest workout routine that works!
“That is a routine where you hit chest very frequently, but lower the volume on a daily basis.”
You can read our article on workout frequency for more details.
Best Chest Workout For Mass!
Everyone will tell you that the best chest workout for mass, is to hit your chest once a week and go super heavy!
That also, is not true.
- Why do bodybuilders have way bigger chests than powerlifters?
If you think it’s because they are on steroids, you are wrong. They are both on steroids!
Bodybuilders do a lot more repetition, and no matter what their stupid workout plans online say, they work all of their muscles very frequently.
- If the theory of doing 6 reps and 3 sets on the bench press, and 3 other exercises with the same volume was true, powerlifters would have the biggest chests in the world!
Chest Workouts At Home, Without Any Equipment!
For a chest workout at home, you have a couple options, but the main one you already know!
Do your PUSH UPS!
- The secret to doing push ups at home, is to know that you can do many different variations of push ups to hit all different angles of your chest!
If you look at the diamond push up above, you can just place the same diamond with your hands by your forehead, and now you are working your upper chest!
- If you prefer to do a different form, you can do something like this if you have a chair…
That said, chest workout tips are searched for on the regular basis by many people these days.
People are looking for a chest workout that will get them big quickly.
- They don’t know where to start, or are just looking for different ways to hit different angles of the chest.
Kali Muscle gives you some chest workout tips, by showing you his massive 200 lbs dumbbell press lifts.
I guess in a nutshell, his advice is that in order to get a big chest, you should shoot as much steroids in your ass as humanly possible!
- After that go grab the heaviest dumbbells you see in the gym, and rep them out like a maniac!
Chest Workout Tips Could Be Deceiving
Chest workout tips could definitely be wrong, and don’t believe everything you read and hear!
What I mentioned above is just an example of the wrong advice you can get.
The bottom line is, just go to the gym and figure it out on your own.
- There is a great chance that a workout that you come up with yourself one day, will be the best chest workout for you.
You will learn your body, and you will start to understand what makes your muscles grow.
Chest Workout Tips That Work!
In order to get your chest bigger, and you are not a steroid freak, you need to know that the actual chest workout is not as important as the frequency.
- If you think about, muscle grows whenever you stimulate it, tear it down, and then feed it what it needs to grow.
That said, it has been scientifically proven that higher frequency works a lot better, than working out one body part once a week.
I will bet you anything that working out chest 5 times a week, for 5-6 six sets til failure, somewhere between 10-12 reps, will get you better results than doing 20 sets once a week!
That is a fact…unless you are on the juice.
What Are Good Chest Isolation Exercises?
If you only work the chest muscle, there is really only one exercises that will get you full isolation.
- That one exercise would be the chest fly’s. Even that exercise will have a little strain on the shoulders.
There are also cable crossovers, which will do the same trick and isolate the chest.
But to be honest, I was never a huge fan of these exercises. I never found them to be very effective.
I think those exercises are great to target very specific areas of your chest, but I also think they should not have any priority whatsoever.
The regular bench press and tons of girl push ups is something I always preferred.
- Girl push ups are great for me after I have some fatigue, because they allow me to have great form!
Surprisingly, “girl pushups” have worked amazingly well for me! I do them every single day for the most part.
I use different variations of grips, and I try to hit every angle of the chest.
Yes, definitely do not try and do push ups on top of your oven, or whatever the hell this person was doing!
Ripped Chest Workout Routine?
If you are looking to get a ripped chest, well I will make things very simple for you.
You might already know this, but being ripped is all about your diet.
- There is no exercise on this earth that you can do in order to get a ripped chest. The only thing you can do for a ripped chest is to diet.
“To really get a ripped chest, I would definitely build up the muscle with the tips that we provided, and then during your very low carb diet, you will see the muscle start to look very developed.”
This happens because the fat is no longer there to hide the shape of the muscle, and also the striations.
Hit up that bench press, and those push ups very frequently. Then make sure your cardio is happening 5 days a week as well for the best results.
You will have a ripped chest in no time!