Noted at the time of the Dallas McCarver autopsy were an enlarged liver and kidneys.
Nephrosclerosis (a hardened liver), heavy lungs, and a papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Prior medical history includes cholesterol issues (high LDL/ low HDL), elevated aminotransferase levels, a chronic cough and shortness of breath, and childhood asthma.
In Dallas McCarvers Autopsy, His testosterone levels were within normal range at the time of death, despite having an elevated epitestosterone level.
- Trenbolone metabolites were also present. Screening for additional steroids was negative, although he tested positive for caffeine and marijuana metabolites.
(neither of which are mentioned as contributing factors in his death).
No other recreational drugs or narcotics were present.
Cause of death: Severe Concentric left ventricular hypertrophy with coronary artery atherosclerosis
This means that the muscle wall on the left chamber of his heart thickened, which likely resulted in an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia) – this would have led to cardiac arrest.
- So a blockage could have occurred causing a heart attack.
The autopsy findings showed 6 things of note:
Severe cardiomegaly 833g heart with concentric left ventricular hypertrophy.
- A normal human at his age would have a heart of about 300g, so his was almost 3X normal size! Rich Piana, by comparison, had a heart of 670g and was 20 years older.
This fact should scare the crap out of anyone in their 20’s who wants to copy this sort of lifestyle.
Coronary artery atherosclerosis
They did say he had a family history of high cholesterol, but this would also be caused by insane drug use and poor diet of too much meat and not enough omega 3’s.
- It is extremely rare for someone his age to have this issue, and it was a combination of things causing it. This condition also shows he had damaged arteries in his kidney’s.
The 4 other things the autopsy found were:
- Heavy lungs
- Minimal nephrosclerosis, and hypertrophy of kidneys
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma
Although this didn’t cause his death, this is something very scary for a 26-year-old to have, and he may not have known he had it.
Abuse of growth hormone could have easily caused this cancer to grow quicker. Many of us may have cancer in our body and not even know it, this is why checkups are important.
Toxicology report: Unlike Rich Piana, they did have this report.
Dallas had caffeine in his system, which isn’t uncommon.
But it in this case with already an enlarged heart stimulant use will increase the chance of problems, and caffeine has minimal benefits to bodybuilding.
- Too many people abuse stimulants, I always see 20somethings walking out of the gas station with 2 or 3 energy drinks in their hands. Most pre-workouts are chalk full of stimulants.
Dallas tested positive for weed. In my opinion, recreational drugs have no place in bodybuilding, and like caffeine has absolutely zero benefits to fitness or health.
Other recreational drugs: None
Steroids: The autopsy noted that “Chronic use of exogenous steroid and non-steroid hormones” were contributing conditions.
Of all the main anabolic steroids, trenbolone is the most potent and harsh on the system.
In my own experience trenbolone has sent my cholesterol up 20-30 points and my blood pressure sky high.
“Abusing tren will cause major heart issues. There is no doubt in my mind that Dallas failed to pay any attention to the red flags of how trenbolone obliterated his blood work, abusing it non stop without breaks.”
If you have heart issues then you have no business using tren, fix your heart health first! Dallas should have taken a long break from steroids to give his heart a break.
Dallas had testosterone levels of 550 ng/ml. This translates to 5500 ng/dl, which is what we are used to when we do blood work.
This means he was using about a gram or more of testosterone a week, which was likely just his cruise dose.
Abusing testosterone will cause androgenic and estrogenic side effects, which will strain the heart. Also, stacking that much testosterone with trenbolone is a recipe for disaster.
- It is a myth that stacking steroids reduces side effects, the more steroids you use the more side effects will occur.
Stacking androgenic steroids together is a recipe for extreme heart strain.
This entire thing could have easily been prevented. Dallas abused stimulants and steroids, and nobody can deny that because we have proof in this autopsy. It was a combination of his sheer size and lifestyle which killed him at just 26. Very sad day for us.