Are Eggs Good For Gaining Muscle?
Eggs are one the best whole food out there, especially for gaining muscle and bodybuilding!
Egg whites are basically pure protein!
They contain all a human being essentially needs! You could literally live only on eggs.
It would be one stinky life though, but it is possible.
- As you may know, there are essential fatty acids(fats) and there are essential amino acids(protein).
Egg contains both of these, that is why they are great for building muscle.
In order to grow muscle you need a building block and you also need an energy source.
Protein is your building block, since carbs cannot build muscle.
Fats can build a little membrane surrounding the muscle, but fat does not build the muscle tissue itself.
- Although it is a huge aid in the muscle building process.
Fat helps a lot with hormonal production, which is also much needed in order to build new muscle tissue.
Fats can be also used as energy.
- Let’s go back a couple of thousands of years, and ask why do we have sharper teeth?
What did the caveman eat?
Did he eat chocolate, bread? Maybe grow corn or wheat?
We all know humans went hunting, ate once a day, and they ate meat.
- Since meat contains protein and fat, it is perfect for survival!
Bot fat and protein are both found in eggs as we all know.
The thing that makes eggs such good muscle builders, is that they are easily digested.
If you have trouble eating too much food, you can literally drink a dozen eggs.
It would be disgusting, but only for a moment. Hey Rocky did it!
They would just go down easily and there you go, 60-70 grams of protein just like that!
Unless you puke it all out of course.
Another great thing about eating eggs for muscle growth, is that they are very cheap, much cheaper than beef.
- If you can afford to pay for internet, you can afford eggs.
They are very easy to cook and you get get them anywhere, you know that.
Just spray some oil on a pen, crack those eggs in it and in a few minutes, you will have your meal.
Nutritious, high quality, tasty, cheap and a meal ready in 10 minutes!
How Many Eggs A Day Should I Eat?
As many as you want! Depending on your needs.
Just keep in mind that too much of anything is bad for you. They do have a lot of fat and cholesterol.
Most people prefer to have eggs for breakfast, or after a workout.
If your goal is simply to gain weight, and you have a fast metabolism, there is no limit for you.
- Are you the kind of person who never gets fat?
If this is the case, eggs will be a great way to put on some size.
If you can handle calories, but you find it troublesome to chew your food for 30 minutes, there is an easier way.
Just open your mouth and chug a dozen of eggs.
This may be disgusting but for some people, but it’s easier than eating a meal!
- There are some myths about eating 12 eggs a day.
People say that doing this you will have the same effect as using anabolic steroids.
This an absolute nonsense.
- Although, if you are a skinny guy with very low body fat, eating this many eggs will benefit you.
You will put in a lot of good protein and fats, and that will make your muscles grow.
It will not hurt you.
It will not negatively affect your bad cholesterol in the blood.
How Much Protein Is In Eggs?
An average egg that weighs about 50g has about 6 grams of protein, and 2/3 of an egg is the egg white.
Egg whites are pure protein, it really contains nothing else!
This is what is supposed to become the chicken itself.
- The other 1/3 of the egg is the yolk. And even though it’s only one-third of the egg, it contains more calories than the egg white.
As I said before, the egg white is the chicken and the chicken is feeding of the yolk, which is very nutritious.
So, if you want to have a protein-rich meal, you should eat up to 7 eggs whites per meal.
- Your body will probably not use more protein than that in order to build muscle.
Should You Separate The Egg White From The Egg Yolk?
It’s is better to buy liquid egg whites in the cartoon, and not eat the egg yolk?
You should consider doing this only if you are trying to cut down on fats, or overall calories.
- If your goal is muscle building, than you should eat whole eggs.
Is Cholesterol In Eggs Bad For You?
There is a myth circling around that there is a limited amount of eggs that you can eat in a day.
Many research studies have shown that this is simply not true.
The main misconception is that eggs will raise your cholesterol levels.
- Eggs do have cholesterol in them, but cholesterol will not negatively affect your blood cholesterol.
To be more precise, it will not raise your LDL levels. LDL is a low-density lipoprotein.
If it gets elevated, it can build up in your arteries and create a clog.
This can stop blood flow, and it can cause a heart attack or a stroke.
- Eat all the eggs you want, and if you don’t die from the horrible gas that comes out of you, you will be fine!
As a matter of fact, eggs will raise your HDL good cholesterol, and not LDL which is the bad cholesterol.
Eggs are consistent with essential or healthy fats.
You may get fat from over-consumption of calories, but if your calories stay in a healthy range, you will be perfectly fine.
Many years ago, first research was done on eggs.
Back then, the science and our knowledge on nutrition was nowhere near where it is today.
- They made some wrong conclusions and published them, and the public was amazed, leading them to be misinformed and still have the same beliefs.
Multiple recent studies have shown that this is simply not accurate, and eggs are a safe source for muscle building.
What Is The Best Way To Eat Eggs For Muscle Building?
There are many ways to prepare eggs!
- You can boil them to be hard or soft.
- They can be fried.
- They can be steamed.
- You can drink them.
- Eggs can be scrambled.
Drinking them is not advised because of the high risk of getting salmonella.
If you are going to drink them, put them in the microwave for a few minutes at least.
Microwaving them will make them smell disgusting, but it will decrease the chance of getting this disease.
The best way to have them, for muscle building purposes, is the way that makes you consume them in the fastest way.
- It doesn’t matter if you boil or fry them, the protein count stays the same.
Just going back to egg whites, it is the cleanest way to eat and consume the pure protein.
Frying the eggs, making omelettes, and preparing them in other ways, you always need to keep in mind what you are putting in them depending on your goals.
Frying them in oil will easily add another 10 grams of fat to the meal.
- Preparing eggs is pretty simple, you just have to look up recipes, and ways to cook them, and you are set.
Conclusion On Eggs
Depending on your metabolism, calorie intake, and simply your goals, your egg consumption should be thought about with care.
- Eggs do contain calories, and if you are looking to lose weight, you should stick to the egg whites.
If you have high cholesterol, you can afford to eat a good amount of yolks.
It all depends on where you stand with your physical fitness, metabolism, and health currently.
Many people that are healthy, and in fitness, and even in bodybuilding, eat eggs on a daily basis.
- Eggs are good for you, they are low in calories, and high in protein. That is the main reason people eat so many eggs.
As time goes on, research will always change, but today we know, that in moderation, eggs are a great way to get lean, and gain some muscle!
- Because they are super cheap, they are very easy to get.
I would also strongly recommend organic eggs, because we have all seen up to this point, how chickens are treated, and the steroids / other chemicals are given to them in order to grow faster.