Health Risks of Bodybuilding, That Can Kill You?
Health risks of bodybuilding. Oh there are many reasons why Bodybuilding is not healthy and is a true danger to your health.
- This is considering that you are aspiring to be a pro bodybuilder (or look like one), that is planning on, or is using steroids. In which case you obviously don’t care about the health risks of bodybuilding.
Natural Bodybuilding should be healthy for the most part, but it also possess many health risks. In this article, we will focus on the enhanced athlete.
- You know, the guy you see in the gym with a six pack and 22 inch arms, that tells you to eat 10 times a day and you will look like him.
If you are a person that goes to the gym pretty often, you have most likely discussed steroids, workout tips, and diet with complete strangers. If you do not use steroids, and you are against it, you probably had some debates as well.
During those debates, we have all heard many people say “steroids have never killed anyone.”
- We have all heard “anything in moderation” is ok.
We have all heard “you should consult a doctor.” The list goes on and on, so let’s just get into the details and the real truth, about 4 health risks of bodybuilding that can kill you .
#1 Steroids – First Of Many Health Risks Of Bodybuilding
Without beating around the bush, we all know that steroids make your muscles bigger. The unfortunate part of this, is that your heart is a muscle as well.
- As your biceps and triceps grow, so will your heart. Don’t worry about the pimples you will get, the werewolf back hair, or the man boobs with a shrunk penis and testicles.
That is kindergarten compared to what is happening to your heart.
If your goal is to have a heat the size of a volleyball, and have your health risk be death, I would definitely take the juice.
- It will be your first class trip to the volleyball olympics. Have you ever heard someone dying from an enlarged heart? Well you are willingly enlarging your heart.
I mean, what else do you need to see the danger of this? Oh that’s right, “steroids never killed anyone.” Unfortunately this is not true, they have killed many, and many we have not documented.
Here is a list of many bodybuilders that died from steroids.
# 2 Weights – Second of Heath Risks Of Bodybuilding
Simply put, the amount of weight you are lifting can kill you, and if it doesn’t kill you it’s a huge health risk. There will be many opinions about this, but it’s a fact.
The hardcore gym guy will laugh, and say that you are skinny wimp if this is a concern of yours. Feel free to show that guy the story of Stafon Johnson, who crushed his neck doing it bench pressing.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you that this can’t happen to you. If you are someone that goes in the gym for intense workouts, you need to be careful. Really careful.
The pressure you put on yourself when you are showing off on the bench press, screaming like a lunatic on the squat bar or leg press, is asking for trouble.
If you don’t think this is dangerous, and there is no health risks to bodybuilding, please take a look at the former 8 time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman.
- Ronnie is known for his “nothing but a peanut, light weight” phrases, and now, he is known as someone who totally screwed himself up like an idiot, and yes almost killed himself (it’s still not too late).
How would you like to have 6 major surgeries including 2 double hip replacements like Ronnie did? “YEAH BUDDY, LIGHT WEIGHT!
Ronnie Coleman is a great Mr. Olympia and one of the best, if not the best bodybuilder of all time.
But Ronnie has to pay the price for that now at a later age, and it’s sad to see.
- The passion he and others have for the sport is impressive to see, but hey, a drug dealer can have a passion for selling drugs also and it doesn’t make it right.
Ronnie said it is all worth it, so more power to him. The question is, do you want to risk the wheelchair, and pain for half of your life?
#3 Diet – Also A Health Risk Of Bodybuilding
How in the world can diet kill you? You know exactly how! Every single magazine that you open tells you to stuff your face like you have never seen food before in your life!
You have to “eat clean”, is the advice, so you think that that is ok? The only thing you will be doing along with increasing your biceps, is increasing your cholesterol level to maybe a point of no return.
Whether red meat is bad or not, it has a lot of damn fat in it, and it digest very slow.
So it can’t possibly be healthy for you to eat 5-10 steaks per week. Not the mention the other “healthy fats” that you are instructed to eat.
- All of these great little tips combined, will give you enough bad cholesterol to kill king kong.
“The list of the dead bodybuilders above is not from car accidents, it’s all of these factors combined. When you take steroids, you can pretty much eat whatever you want if you work out like a maniac.”
What happens is, the steroids burn the fat, so you look amazing (temporarily) on the outside, but retain all the bad cholesterol on the inside. So a massive heart attack is brewing for sure!
You know the drill. Fat clogs us your arteries, blood can’t get through and you get a heart attack.
Stuffing your face for years and years with fat and sugar (carbs have it even if they are good carbs), eating huge portions 6-10 times per day, will catch up to you.
#4 Mental Insanity – Another Side Effect Of Bodybuilding
This one is pretty simple. Most bodybuilders, and gym addicts are pretty dangerous people in general. The reason for this is simply that they are chemically imbalanced.
The kind of chemicals that are in your body from years of drinking pre-workout’s, taking steroids, and eating bloody meat, will most likely not turn you into a teddybear.
- If you think this is going overboard, you can just read the story of Craig Titus.
Maybe bodybuilding didn’t kill Craig Titus, but it did kill someone else. If he did not take a plea agreement, he would have most likely received the death penalty, and would have died.
This is just one example, but there are cases every single night in the world, where a bad mixture of alcohol and steroids for example, gets someone in a fight.
- Once that happens, there is no telling what the outcome will be. We have all witnessed many meathead bar fights right? It’s never the skinny little book worms fighting at the bars right?
Once you start a fight, you can be killed, that is truth. You can just go off your rocker and kill someone 🙂 Regardless, the heath risk of bodybuilding is serious, and can kill you.