Military Diet Does NOT WORK!
The Military Diet is a pretty solid diet for someone trying to lose weight.
The point is, unless you are obese and 400 pounds heavy, you will not lose that much weight in 3 days.
The military diet does nothing but reduce calories, by telling you to eat random low calorie foods.
- We will get into that in a second, but please keep in mind, that this is a good diet for you to lose weight.
But like we said, unless you are huge, you won’t lose 10 pounds of pure fat after these 3 days.
To get started, watch the video blow that explains in detail what you need to eat during these 3 days.
It’s a very simple breakdown, and should be pretty easy to follow.
Breaking Down The Military Diet In Detail!
- Breakfast: Black coffee, 1/2 plain grapefruit (or another fruit as a substitution), 1 slice of toast with 2 tablespoons of nut butter.
- Lunch: Water or more coffee, 1/2 can of tuna fish packed in water (or another protein substitution), 1 slice of plain toast.
- Dinner: 3 ounces of any meat or fish, 1 cup of veggies like green beans, 1 small apple, 1/2 banana, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- NO snacks are included in the military diet between meals, no other beverages and no condiments.
Does This Diet Approach Make Sense?
If you take a look at what they are suggesting for dinner, that is absolutely something you can also eat for breakfast and lunch.
- To make things more interesting, you would be further along your way to lose 10 pounds in 3 days if you skipped the fruit.
This is nothing but a misleading diet, and nothing more.
What anyone should do to lose weight that fast, is pretty much close to starve.
You can definitely lose that amount of weight, but it will not be fat.
- Unless you are once again, insanely huge and fat.
You would have to drop some serious water to come close to this goal.
Now Lets Look At The Next 3 Days Of This Wonderful Military Diet
- Breakfast: 1 egg (no added oil or butter), 1/2 banana or another equivalent fruit, 1 slice plain toast.
- Lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese (or substitution with equivalent calories), 5 saltines, 1 hard-boiled egg.
- Dinner: 2 hot dogs without buns (or protein substitution with same number of calories), 1 cup broccoli or another veggie, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 banana, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.
Day 3 (usually the most restrictive in terms of calories):
- Breakfast: 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 5 saltines, 1 small apple.
- Lunch: 1 egg and 1 piece of plain toast.
- Dinner: 1 cup of tuna packed in water, 1/2 banana, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.
“Each week the following four days are “days off,” in which you can return to your normal diet before starting the cycle all over again.”
If you take a look at the sentence highlighted in bold above this funny meme.
It tells you that you can go back to doing whatever you were doing before.
- Do it for the following 4 days, and then start the cycle all over again.
Are you kidding me?
Where is the real advice for people who actually do not have much education on weight loss?
The ones that really do want to make a change in their life?
- Why would someone, (I’m sure it wasn’t Diamond Ott) tell the public to eat whatever they want for more than half of the week?
Other Examples Of Bad Diets
Before we list some of these diets, please know that diets don’t fail, you do.
- If you are not educated enough to know that losing 10 pounds of fat in 3 days is impossible unless you starve, that is your problem.
There have been many money making diets out there for a very long time.
Many people have gotten very rich.
Just like with everything else in life, people do not want to put in the work to get the results they want.
- Were you one of these people who were suckered into purchasing one of these diet plans?
Here are some warning signs for next time. If the answer is yes, run for the hills.
In order to determine if a diet is a fad diet, ask yourself these questions:
- Does the diet promise quick weight loss?
- Is the diet sound too good to be true?
- Does the diet help sell a company’s product?
- Is the diet lack valid scientific research to support its claims?
- Does the diet give lists of “good” and “bad” foods?
Now that you know what to look out for, we want to show you some insanely crazy worst diets that every existed.
Worst Diets Of ALL TIME!
The Tapeworm Diet
Are you one of those women with a big event coming up and are praying for a spot of slimming Norovirus to help you on your way?
- You could do a lot worse than a tapeworm.
How exactly you’re supposed to go about catching a tapeworm is a mystery.
Oh, don’t go anywhere, it gets better!
The Air Diet
This is the best diet that never fails!
You basically eat air all day long, and you can eat as much as you want.
The air diet is a very low calorie diet that it pretty simple to follow.
- You wake up every day and just take deep breaths until you are full.
Don’t binge on too much air, or you might find yourself sick of eating the same thing over and over.
This is something you can see as funny, but in reality, many people starve to lose weight.
It does work short term, and unfortunately, most people just care about short term results.
The list keeps getting longer and longer with these diets.
- What do all of them have in common? They are all trying to get money.
If they are not directly selling the diet, they are trying to be the first that has come up with something.
Something that people will believe and share with others.
Always keep that in mind. Now, lets look at some dangerous diets!
Dangerous Diets – Fletcherism
Horace Fletcher was nicknamed the “The Great Masticator!”
- This is because he developed a way of eating called “Fletcherism.”
To explain this to you in easy to understand terms, its basically chewing your food for a very long time.
It takes your stomach about 20 minutes to even realize you have even eating anything.
That is why it’s recommended to eat slow, so you don’t over eat.
Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Apple Cider Vinegar is claimed to increase metabolism and reduce appetite.
- People that follow this diet, basically take 3 tablespoons of it every time before they eat anything.
I do not think this works by any means, and is absolute crap.
- Apple Cider is very acidic, and can cause some serious problems for you and your throat.
It can also cause some very big problems for your internal organs, if you are taking this stuff every day to diet.
Check Out This CNN Study!
- Once the 3 months were over, it was concluded that people that took vinegar weighed less, and also had a lower body fat percentage.
- We can get into fancy things about dieting, but that is the main point here.