Planet Fitness Lunk Alarm Goes Off Every Time He Grunts!
If you are thinking about joining Planet Fitness, BEWARE of the LUNK ALARM!
You should also beware of the Planet Fitness Pool but that is another story…
- In the video below is a Planet Fitness member, that has to deal with the discrimination of the lunk alarm constantly!
Can you imagine going to Planet Fitness, and be worried about setting off the Planet Fitness Alarm as soon as you walk in?
It can be your clothing, it can be your size, or just the amount of weight you put on the bench.
- Many things will set off the Planet Fitness Alarm, will you be the next victim?
The “lunk” alarm at planet fitness is essentially a nuclear loud siren that goes off when a patron grunts or drops weights, or “judges.”
For instance, if you dropped your weight after dead lifting 500 lbs, the crazy lunk alarm would sound.
- Or if you squat and let out a grunt, it could be grounds for dismissal.
If you also see someone doing an exercise with bad form, or not doing it correctly, please keep your advice to yourself!
- This will also set off the alarm!
I was reading up on planet fitness, and I guess they have free pizza night, and free bagels as well.
I am not sure why, but I guess people that can’t afford a gym that is more than $10 a month, also can’t afford food?
- Why in the world would you have candy, bagels and pizza everywhere in the gym!
The gym already consists of a lot of people that are not in the best shape, so offering them pizza is enabling if I’m not mistaken?
Dropping A Pen At Planet Fitness And Judgement!
Not only will the alarm go off if you drop some weights or grunt, but it will also go off if you drop a pen!
- There is a rule at Planet Fitness that you can’t drop anything at all on the floor!
This alarm is so sensitive, that it will pick up on a close to weightless pen!
Oh you don’t believe that, well take a look at this!
In Regards To Judgement At Planet Fitness…
One of my friends told me that he was not allowed to enter the gym with his big jug of water!
Why you might ask?
- Because it intimidates the members at the gym! People who drink a lot of water are meatheads I guess?
I can’t imagine what would happen if you actually came in there with some smelling salts or a weight belt!
You would probably get arrested!
Being In Shape Is Not Tolerated At Planet Fitness!
Here is an example.
A lady by the name of Tiffany Austin was feeling pretty good on Monday.
- It was her first day at the gym since recovering from a car accident, and she was excited to get back to the gym and get a good workout in.
She wore a neon pink crop top and matching spandex capris.
As soon as she got on the treadmill, she was approached by an employee of Planet Fitness.
“Excuse me, but we’ve had some complaints,” the employee said. “You’re intimidating people with your toned body. Could you please put on a shirt?”
Austin was being accused of “gymtimidation,” a cardinal sin at Planet Fitness!
Should I Join Planet Fitness?
If you are a true meathead, you can get a good workout anywhere, so why not Planet Fitness.
The gym is really cheap, and it does have everything you could ask for.
- I personally base my decision on what gym to join, by how far away it is from my house. I want to be able to get their quickly, and get home quickly.
Is it ideal for a workout? I would have to say it’s more than good enough, and it’s basically free.
If you are looking to tan, they have free tanning beds which come with the premium membership, which is like $20 a month.
Is Planet Fitness Open 24 Hours?
It is advertised that they are open 24 hours a day, but that is simply not true!
- I am not sure if they changed this, but Planet Fitness is definitely not open 24 hours a day.
It all depends on the location of course, but I have not seen a single one that is always open.
It is a chain gym, so all policies should be the same, but they are not for some reason.
- It’s just like you go to one fast food restaurant that is very clean, and then the same one in a different area and it’s super dirty.
What Is The Planet Fitness Dress Code?
I have never experienced this to be true, but Planet Fitness does have a dress code that states:
“no jeans, no do-rags/skull-caps/bandannas, no boots/sandals.”
(Don’t worry, the guys above won’t be there. Actually, I’m not sure lol)
I say this because I have seen many people wearing all of the above in the gym.
- Maybe this is because the dress code is subject to local branch managers, but that still does not makes sense. If you are not allowed to wear a skull cap, what is there to decide?
That is like saying you can’t wear shoes, unless the manager says they are ok. Hmm…
Conclusion On Planet Fitness!
If you are looking for a cheap gym, and just want to get in and out, there is nothing wrong with Planet Fitness.
- Because this gym is so cheap, it can attract a sketchy crowd, depending on what location you go to.
At the same time, some locations can be pretty dirty. I would recommend checking it out first before signing up.
For the most part, it’s a gym just like any other. The actual rules, are not really followed.
“This is because the planet fitness rules are really made for hardcore bodybuilders and powerlifters, and I have not seen any in this gym ever!”
This gym is really no different than any other gym you might have a membership to as far as the equipment is concerned.
Not all gyms will have the exactly same equipment anyway, so just go check it out and make your decision.
Regardless, it’s only $10 / month and even if you don’t like it that much, you can still go once in a while to switch up the atmosphere.