Rachel Brathen Is A Yoga Guru Like No Other!
Rachel Brathen is a Swedish yoga teacher and also the author of the book Yoga Girl.
Rahel’s yoga book became a New York Times best seller, and til this day, nobody knows why.
She also founded an online video yoga service and has a non profit foundation.
- That is a big surprise, since yoga teachers are usually conservative as all hell!
She was born in Sweden, moved to Costa Rica, and now lives in Aruba.
Aruba seems to be the place for tree hugging yoga teachers just in general.
I think the science behind that is, yoga is cheap and boring.
- If you have money to take yoga classes in Aruba, that is the only way it’s worth while for teachers to make a living by only stretching.
Why Does Rachel Brathen Have 2.1M Followers On Instagram?
Nobody knows why Rachel Brathen has 2.1M followers on Instagram, that is continuing to be a myth.
- She is a pretty cute lady, but does not have a fake butt, fake boobs, or is considered “supper hot” by todays Instagram standards.
She looks like a plain boring housewife that just tells people how to be in touch with their inner peace and how to put their foot in their mouth.
As you see below, she is trying to just that!
Yoga Teachers Are Weird Hypocrites
If you ever met a yoga teacher and had a conversation with them, you will notice that it seems like they have life all figured out.
On the other hand, their life could not be any more screwed up.
They will preach inner peace, then go home and get in a nasty fist fight with their significant other.
- If you really think about it, people that do yoga are just too lazy to go do cardio or lift weights.
You could disagree with that statement and say that yoga is hard, but you can’t disagree with facts.
People that want to get better at stretching is another thing.
But why would someone want to be a better “stretcher” unless they need flexibility and they are professional athlete.
- How many times have you walked into a yoga studio and seen a bunch of NFL players? Probably never!
Are Yoga Teachers All Peaceful Angels?
There are numerous cases of Yoga teachers stealing money, sexually harassing students and doing many other things that are agains the law!
One thing you might not know, is that yoga teachers hate other yoga teachers.
- If you don’t think that is true, it is. Just go talk to an instructor and ask them about this topic.
There is a lot of judgement in the yoga world, so that on it’s own should tell you a lot about who these people really are and the bullshit they sell.
Check out this guy, who is actually one of the most popular yoga teachers in the world!
He’s probably on 23 hour lockdown somewhere in one of the country’s maximum security prisons.
If he is not (too lazy to check status), he should be.
Not saying that this has anything to do with Rachel Brathen, but it does reflect the industry that she is in, and it’s not all sunshine and rainbows.
- I guess her 2.1M Instagram followers are just people who like yoga and tree hugging, and that is ok.
That also does not detour from the fact that this chick really made it on her own without getting a fake ass and actually brings value to other people, so props for that.
On the other hand, I still don’t understand how the hell she got 2.1M followers.
I guess making people feel good, and being semi cute can do the trick if you invest a lot of time and money.
Rachel Brathen Blog
Yes, Rachel has a blog!
All kidding aside, her blog Yogagirl.com is actually pretty cool. I have to say its a feel good yoga blog for people that love yoga.
- Rachel sells apparel on it, sells people classes, and also has personal videos of her family’s everyday life.
On thing everyone needs to understand about her blog, is that it did not happen over night!
People think that you can just post a couple pictures on Instagram stretching (yoga poses), and you are immediately in the money!
That people don’t know, is that Rachel started her blog 10 years ago!
Not sure when she might have bought the domain, but the yogagirl.com website was created in 1999!
- It takes a lot of work, and a lot of consistency to grow a yoga blog in such a competitive space!
I personally know a lot of yoga teachers, and they are all starving! The money is not there!
“What she has done with her blog and her brand is amazing. As I mentioned above, the yoga industry is a different story.”
Rachel Brathen Podcast
Rachel aslo has a Podcast. Why? Because it’s exactly what you are supposed to be doing as someone trying to build a brand!
You have to produce massive amounts of content, because people all consume content in different ways.
Some people like to watch yoga videos, and others like to read a blog.
- There are also people who like to listen to yoga podcasts while they are walking or exercising, or even doing yoga.
If you are someone looking to get into this space, you have to produce a lot of content on many different channels.
This is one of the main reasons Rachel is a yoga success, and others are not. She has put in the work!
Rachel’s Family Life And Early Years
Rachel lived in a few places in her life, but many people don’t know that she actually used to live in Costa Rica!
- This happened after she finished college in Stockholm.
She went to Costa Rica to pursue yoga teachings, and that is where she fell in love with the sport of stretching!
Once she sharpened her knowledge, she took her talents to Aruba, where she actually started her teachings for the first time.
As you know today, she is super popular, but also mostly known for her paddle board yoga classes, which many people like.
- I guess only people that can swim would like doing something like that.
Rachel has a daughter named Luna, and her mother Shama Persson actually runs a blog as well.
“I am pretty sure she learned the ropes from her daughter, but I could be wrong.”
- Her husband’s name is Dennis, and he is the dude above in the picture.
I think he helps out with the blog, since he is the one registered under the domain.
Conclusion On Being A Yoga Superstar
People are always telling people “do what you love!” Have you heard that before?
- Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life!
I am sure that Rachel loves yoga, but I bet you there are many days she does not like what she does.
If you think it’s all fun and games, you are wrong. This is a lot of work.
Consistently putting out content, doing podcasts, taking pictures for social media posts, is all work!
People only see the followers and the glamorous pictures, but they do not see the work that goes into growing a brand.