Will I get jacked if I take creatine? How much creatine do you need to build muscle?
Take creatine if you want to, you can look good, or you can look like a bloated balloon with no cuts!
- There are couple factors that come into play.
Before we get into that, please understand that your body already produces creatine, and you also get some naturally when you eat red meat for example.
Other foods, such as fish and eggs contain creatine as well.
There have been many research studies that have confirmed, that if you take creatine, it will increase performance.
Some may say that this is a placebo effect, but I ensure you that your strength and muscle size will increase significantly.
What does creatine do to the muscles? As you might know already, creatine will make you retain a lot of water!
Even if it’s creatine monohydrate, you will still retain water, that is a fact.
- Within a week or so, your arms for example, can look twice the size! But this will be almost all water (all of the gains). You will most likely look very blurry.
One thing is for sure, you will lose all of the strength you gained the second you stop taking it. Who ever tells you different, doesn’t know what they are talking about.
Now that you know the basics about what will happen when you take creatine, lets talk about the positive.
I do believe that creatine can be helpful in many ways, but here are the exact ways scientific experiments have found it to be beneficial.
- Increases muscle fiber size; hypertrophy.
- Increases muscle mass.
- Increases myosin.
- Improves maximal strength.
- Improves maximal power.
- Improves single-effort sprint performance.
- Improves worked performed during repetitive sprint performance.
- Improves performance during exercise of high to maximal intensity.
- Improves recovery following endurance activity.
- Enhances bone regeneration.
- Improves muscle and performance in vegetarians.
Now, whatever goes up must come down correct?
Because of that, there are also some negative effects of creatine that you should know about.
- It will cause dehydration if you don’t drink a lot of water
- It will dehydrate the living crap out of you if you drink alcohol with it
- It might be tough on your kidneys after long use
- It can make you look fat
Do you need creatine to get big? Will you gain muscle if you take creatine?
I would have to say yes. It is a great supplement, but long term, your body gets used to it, and it does not have the same effect as it did when you first started taking it.
- As mentioned earlier, you can say bye bye to the gains when you stop using it.
I would say about 90% of the gains. These were not muscle gains, it was water weight, please keep that in mind.
If creatine turned you into a muscular monster, why would people take steroids?
Because it doesn’t turn you into a monster, it just throws about 15 lbs of water on your skinny ass body.
For a bigger person, it will make you look fatter. You should burn the fat off first, then take it if you want for a temporary superman feeling.