Weighted Blankets Have Some Surprising Facts!
About Stress And Anxiety That Will Make You Think Twice!
Weighted blankets are pretty much self explanatory. They are heavy blankets that are supposed to reduce stress and anxiety.
They are typically around 15 pounds heavy and made up of material that is filled with plastic pellets.
Many people are using these weighted blankets because they have issues with their thoughts racing at night.
- They move around too much, and really just need to have something to keep them still and relaxed.
Weighted Blankets Make A Lot Of False Claims
Weighted blankets are making claims that are just absolute lies.
- And it’s only a matter of time before they get busted and sued.
Here is a great quote from a weighted blanket company that says their crappy product will cure and assist with anything regarding stress, PTSD, anxiety..etc.
“Nightmares and flashbacks tend to aggravate insomnia. Whether your PTSD was caused by military combat, natural disaster, disease diagnosis, or a violent assault, it is often a long-lasting battle to reduce symptoms.”
- These guys are telling me that their weighted blanked would help a soldier who just came back from war?
What bigger crock of shit could there possibly be?
How would this blanket possibly help you any more than a comfortable pillow would? Or a warm shower, or a cup of tea, or a jog in the park?
It’s an absolute lie, and whoever gets this blanked is getting ripped of. These stupid blankets are expensive and a pure waste of money.
Weighted Blanket Review
The video below is from a chick that probably got paid by the company to make it, but regardless of that, it’s still a review. Take a look…
The main point here is not to say this blanket doesn’t feel good.
The main point is that this blanket has nothing to do with PTSD, stress, anxiety, insomnia, or anything else that might be a medial condition.
Weighted Blanket Research Claims
The claims are all false, there is absolutely zero research that proves any of these claims by these blanket companies.
- They just came out not too long ago, so it is certain that there is no data to back up these claims.
There is nothing wrong with making a blanket that might feel good, or be a lot more comfortable than the usual. Making false medical claims in advertising is just wrong.
You are going to take $250 from a veteran who already might have financial issues going on, and claim a certain good night sleep?
People these days will do anything for a dollar and this is a great example of that.
Build Your Own Weighted Blanket
In case you don’t want to get robbed, here are the instructions on how to make your own weighted blanket.
- You should find out for yourself that it’s nothing but a heavy piece of cloth that does absolutely nothing for you.
Weighted Blanket Do IT YOURSELF!
- 1 pound of white or clear smooth Quality Plastic Pellets per 10 pounds of weight for the user, plus one extra pound
- Fabric of your choice
- 2.5 yds. of fabric for the top of the blanket
- 2.5 yds. of fabric for the bottom of the blanket
- Measuring Tape
- A small scale
- Sewing machine
If you are looking to assemble this blanket, just do a Google search on how to do it yourself!
In order to get some guidance, here is how much your blanket should weigh depending on your age and weight.
Why Do People Make These Kind Of Products?
People make these kind of products with one intention, to make money.
- It’s really as simple as that.
Companies can easily say they are trying to make the world a better place, but that is simply not true.
Why do drug companies promote the latest and greatest drugs on TV so much?
It’s the exact same reason that products like the weighted blanket are made.
- People suffer from serious issues, like anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder.
Claiming that a heavy blanket will be the cure to all of your problems, is just wrong.
A weighted blanket might be able to relieve a little stress, or something similar.
But I do guarantee you it will not cure any mental or physical illness!
How Much Do Weighted Blankets Cost?
If you look them up on Amazon, you will see that these blankets can range anywhere from $50 to $160!
- They are not cheap, and to be hones, they do not sell that much.
How many people have you ever seen that actually own one of these blankets?
I bet not many, because they are basically worthless. It’s just another failed invention that makes false claims.
There is no real reason to get one of these products unless you really have run out of ideas to reduce your stress or whatever else you might be suffering from.
- Please be ready to be disappointed and to lose your money.
They are pretty much the same as getting a home ab machine that promises you a six pack.
I would bet my life that not a single person ever, got a six pack from using one of those machines.
You know why? Because it’s not the ab machine that gives you the abs, its your diet!
What Are Some Weighted Blanket Claims?
Let’s go over some claims that are made by this product, and whoever the hell sells them.
- INCREASED SEROTONIN FOR IMPROVED CALMNESS
- DECREASED CORTISOL FOR IMPROVED STRESS LEVELS
- WEIGHTED BLANKETS REDUCE ACTIVITY IN THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- WEIGHTED BLANKETS PROMOTE RESTFUL SLEEP
Wouldn’t all of these claims be equal to the claims you can make by drinking a cup of green tea?
- I think I could make the same claims just by telling someone to go for a run, do you agree?
What You Should Really Do To Reduce Your Stress
There are endless things to do to relieve your stress. One of the main ones is working out. We all know that.
On the other hand, your diet and water consumption are also very important.
- Spending time outside and breathing fresh air will also do wonders for you.
A lot of issues that people have, are nothing but consequences of poor diet and life decisions.
At least the weighted blanket is not a drug, so it’s actually save to try.
I am just against it because I think it can’t possibly do anything special for you.
- It will probably just be another thing you buy, use a couple times, and then it will just sit around the house as another piece of junk.
There is no way you are going to want to use a 25 lb blanket every single night while you watch movies.